It's Summer! Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.

It's Summer!  Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.
"Morning is the best of all times in the garden. The sun is not yet hot. Sweet vapors rise from the earth. Night dew clings to the soil and makes plants glisten. Birds call to one another. Bees are already at work." William Longgood
L. Beard--Carroll County Public, www.library.carr.org Library Children's Library Associate--North Carroll Branch

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happenings



I'm really looking forward to spring and bleeding hearts in the garden. We started the spring season in our children's department and I'm much happier reading mud and sun stories rather than cold and snowy. In preparation for Catching the Reading Bug our branch ordered a butterfly habitat. Much to our surprise the caterpillars have arrived! They're out on display and the children have enjoyed watching them crochet a house around themselves.

1 comment:

Today: In Seven said...

Oh what a beautiful blog. I love gardening and since I live in an apartment there is no weeding, but plenty of blooming!

Now, I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Suggested YA and Children's Books

Please use caution when suggesting a YA book from this list.