It's Summer! Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.

It's Summer!  Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.
"Morning is the best of all times in the garden. The sun is not yet hot. Sweet vapors rise from the earth. Night dew clings to the soil and makes plants glisten. Birds call to one another. Bees are already at work." William Longgood
L. Beard--Carroll County Public, www.library.carr.org Library Children's Library Associate--North Carroll Branch

Friday, June 8, 2007

Week 1 #1-2 Habits can be good things!


I have completed Week One of 23 Things. I've signed my contract, on paper mind you, and I'm gathering tools for my toolbox. Right now I'm finding my travel drive to be an indispensable tool. The habit I find the easiest is "Being a lifelong learner." I have so many interests and have learned so much while completing assignments for CCPL.
There are still many things I need to learn! Somehow my 12 year old niece is able to program my cell phone and send a text message without a second thought. She already knew about the cartoon software on my digital camera and has her Ipod loaded with tunes. I better get up to speed. The most difficult thing is "Using technology to my advantage."
This whopper of a fish was caught with a simple rod. No satellite was required.
Did you hear Google Earth has added a street level view? Last night I saw a commercial for a Verizon/Apple touch screen phone that is Internet capable. I don't think I'll be sitting on the pier and see myself on Google Earth this year, but maybe shortly.

No comments:

Suggested YA and Children's Books

Please use caution when suggesting a YA book from this list.