It's Summer! Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.

It's Summer!  Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.
"Morning is the best of all times in the garden. The sun is not yet hot. Sweet vapors rise from the earth. Night dew clings to the soil and makes plants glisten. Birds call to one another. Bees are already at work." William Longgood
L. Beard--Carroll County Public, www.library.carr.org Library Children's Library Associate--North Carroll Branch

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Week 3 #7 Anything Technology

How amazing is the new Apple I Phone! It's supposed to be internet, i-pod and cell phone capable. Wow, sounds like I would need lessons from IT or one of my teenagers.
I'm not sure this can be considered technology but I am so excited. I found a way to produce flannel board pieces on the printer. I was able to print graphics I downloaded onto felt after I stabilized it by ironing freezer paper onto the back of the felt. Now I have Cookie Monster himself gazing at me on a piece of felt. I think it has great possibilities to produce professional quality results for storytimes.
This morning I heard that three Russian computers have crashed on the International Space Station. They're trying to fix the solar power unit or else they'll have to rely on shuttle fuel that they can apparently not afford to use. Will they have to abandon the Space Station because of three computer crashes? It sounds about as reliable as our SAM! I was instructed to add comments to the blogs of other participants. I have enjoyed reading the other CCPL blogs.

No comments:

Suggested YA and Children's Books

Please use caution when suggesting a YA book from this list.