It's Summer! Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.

It's Summer!  Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.
"Morning is the best of all times in the garden. The sun is not yet hot. Sweet vapors rise from the earth. Night dew clings to the soil and makes plants glisten. Birds call to one another. Bees are already at work." William Longgood
L. Beard--Carroll County Public, www.library.carr.org Library Children's Library Associate--North Carroll Branch

Monday, July 2, 2007

#12 Rollyo--Not the Chocolate Kind




I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it.
Thomas Jefferson

He should have read today's papers! Imagine TJ with a RSS feed.

I value my garden more for being full of blackbirds than of cherries, and very frankly give them fruit for their songs.
Joseph Addison

Maybe so, but I wish they would stay out of the blueberries.

I experienced a variety of search rolls. I'm not sure in the moment of a patron request I would recall to go to the rare book library search. The public domain e-books search was interesting. The free photos seemed to thow me into Flickr and I found the quick quotes above. I did find the searchs fairly slow and I could not use them at home on dial up. http://www.rollyo.com

1 comment:

Stella said...

I love the close-up. I picked ripe black currants Sunday and made jelly. Yum!

Suggested YA and Children's Books

Please use caution when suggesting a YA book from this list.