It's Summer! Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.

It's Summer!  Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.
"Morning is the best of all times in the garden. The sun is not yet hot. Sweet vapors rise from the earth. Night dew clings to the soil and makes plants glisten. Birds call to one another. Bees are already at work." William Longgood
L. Beard--Carroll County Public, www.library.carr.org Library Children's Library Associate--North Carroll Branch

Friday, July 6, 2007

#14 Explore Technorati




Technorati is only three years old. It seems pretty amazing that they could have tagged all of that information and are able to offer it within minutes of blog postings. Yes I was there, with an authority rating of only 1 and ranked 3,818,040.
I searched several keywords like gardening and weeding. I wanted to add two words, knitting and socks, to my blog and I'll check later to see if my blog shows up under those keywords. (The picture shows some of the socks I've knitted this year.) I'm a little uncomfortable reading other's news. I thought it was interesting to search the "Learning 2.0" blogs. It's nice to know librarians all over the country are learning new technology too. I read some blogs from Kentucky and Ohio. I still prefer reading blogs from the folks I know. http://technorati.com

No comments:

Suggested YA and Children's Books

Please use caution when suggesting a YA book from this list.