It's Summer! Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.

It's Summer!  Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.
"Morning is the best of all times in the garden. The sun is not yet hot. Sweet vapors rise from the earth. Night dew clings to the soil and makes plants glisten. Birds call to one another. Bees are already at work." William Longgood
L. Beard--Carroll County Public, www.library.carr.org Library Children's Library Associate--North Carroll Branch

Friday, July 20, 2007

#23 Review


What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I loved playing in Flickr, as you can see I have used bighugelabs at Flickr quite often to alter and enhance my personal photographs. The mashups, generators and avatars will be great fun to share with the library kids. I'm going to work on a program for the homeschoolers. I really appreciate all of the Zoho products also!
How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? It has been really encouraging to learn so many new things in a concentrated period of time. I wasn't sure I could or would grasp so many new concepts but I am encouraged about being a lifelong learner! I was surprised that this was new to so many people--YouWho?!? made me chuckle!
Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I'm much more likely to play and give new things a shot, rather than kvetch over a new program or site.
What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I often felt like I was receiving a sprinkling of information and no place to go for definite direction or refinement of a skill. And last but not least…
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate? Absolutely, there are so many new developments I will require it to remain up-to-date!
How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes and promote this program? The 23 Things program was very exciting and I enjoyed experiencing so many new ideas!

1 comment:

Stella said...

The blueberries look great. And the basket does, too, of course! I do believe I've seen that basket filled with eggs in the past.

Suggested YA and Children's Books

Please use caution when suggesting a YA book from this list.