It's Summer! Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.

It's Summer!  Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.
"Morning is the best of all times in the garden. The sun is not yet hot. Sweet vapors rise from the earth. Night dew clings to the soil and makes plants glisten. Birds call to one another. Bees are already at work." William Longgood
L. Beard--Carroll County Public, www.library.carr.org Library Children's Library Associate--North Carroll Branch

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

#16 Learn About Wiki's


I often share my Blog entries with my family members and I'm sure if I told my 80-year-old father about wikis he would call them a new-fangled "hen party" opportunity. My first experience with a wiki was here at CCPL. I was introduced and welcomed as a new employee on our pipeline. Shortly thereafter I tried to help Marlene add a photograph to a new entry. I quickly learned about sizing pictures in Microsoft Office Manager. I was pleased about the simplification of sizing photos with Blogger.
Wikis are an opportunity to create online communities and share news in a group setting with many contributors. I have shyed away from using Wikipedia as a reliable source but I think it could be useful when searching for Web 2.0 type inquiries. I explored many wikis and found them all to be distinctly different. I loved the Book Lovers Wiki and it is another opportunity for reviews and reader's advisory. Leave it to the ALA to have a wiki for a specific event. All of the wikis I reviewed are wonderful opportunities to share and input information.

1 comment:

Mark said...

What a cool chicken.

Suggested YA and Children's Books

Please use caution when suggesting a YA book from this list.