It's Summer! Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.

It's Summer!  Time to weed in the garden and the stacks.
"Morning is the best of all times in the garden. The sun is not yet hot. Sweet vapors rise from the earth. Night dew clings to the soil and makes plants glisten. Birds call to one another. Bees are already at work." William Longgood
L. Beard--Carroll County Public, www.library.carr.org Library Children's Library Associate--North Carroll Branch

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

#17 Play in the Sandbox



I accessed the Maryland Libraries Sandbox and indeed created my login account. I added my blog to the Favorite Blog list but omitted the letter d in beardblog. I may have practiced that skill but I need to work on my spelling. That will teach me to cut and paste! We are supposed to be playing! Yea, I was able to edit the mistake! Horray for little victories.

I added my favorite children's book, Bluberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey to the favorite books wiki. You have to love that story, kerplink, kerplank, kerplunk! I remember when Sandie read it to my youngest son in story time more than seven years ago. The blueberries and the kid's sandbox are out by the apple tree in the photograph.

No comments:

Suggested YA and Children's Books

Please use caution when suggesting a YA book from this list.